Unidad documental simple REN BRC2.7.1 - Mrs. Renison with Three Bishops at Renison College.

Original Objeto digital not accessible

Área de título y declaración de responsabilidad

Título apropiado

Mrs. Renison with Three Bishops at Renison College.

Tipo general de material

  • Material gráfico

Título paralelo

Otra información de título

Título declaración de responsabilidad

Título notas

  • Fuente del título: Title from "Renison's Second Building Dedicated" Northland (S.N.: S.D.)

Nivel de descripción

Unidad documental simple

Institución archivística

Código de referencia

CA Renison University College Archives REN BRC-REN BRC 2-REN BRC 2.7-REN BRC2.7.1

Área de edición

Declaración de edición

Declaración de responsabilidad de edición

Área de detalles específicos de la clase de material

Mención de la escala (cartográfica)

Mención de proyección (cartográfica)

Mención de coordenadas (cartográfica)

Mención de la escala (arquitectónica)

Jurisdicción de emisión y denominación (filatélico)

Área de fechas de creación

Fecha(s)

  • 1999- (Custodia)
    Custodiador
    Renison University College Archives
  • 1999- (Colección)
    Collector
    Reverend Robert John Renison Fonds
    Lugar
    Waterloo, Ont.
  • 1964 (Creación)
    Productor
    Renison College
    Lugar
    Waterloo, Ont.
  • 1964 (Creación)
    Productor
    Renison, Elizabeth Bristol (1885 - 1975)
    Lugar
    Waterloo, Ont.

Área de descripción física

Descripción física

1 B&W photograph 5 inches X 7 inches.

Área de series editoriales

Título apropiado de las series del editor

Títulos paralelos de serie editorial

Otra información de título de las series editoriales

Declaración de responsabilidad relativa a las series editoriales

Numeración dentro de la serie editorial

Nota en las series editoriales

Área de descripción del archivo

Nombre del productor

(January 14, 1959-July 9, 2008)

Historia administrativa

In October 1956, Bishop George Luxton of the Huron Diocese, asked the Rev. Harvey E. Southcott, then priest of the Church of the Holy Saviour in Waterloo, to act as chaplain to Anglican students attending Waterloo College (Now Wilfred Laurier University.) Also in 1956, Gerald Hagey, first lay president of Waterloo College envisioned the "Waterloo College Associate Faculties, a non-denominational science faculty affiliated with Waterloo College. The Rev. Southcott persuaded the Huron Diocese to consider the possibility of an Anglican College in Kitchener-Waterloo and in January 1957 Bishop Luxton called a meeting of the Great Chapter of the Deanery of Waterloo to discuss the purchase of land near Waterloo College, which passed with majority assent. In October 1958, the Waterloo Deanery approved the incorporation of a collegiate body and the purchase of 193 Albert street in Waterloo and assumed responsibility for raising the funds. On January 14th, 1959 the College received a charter under the Ontario Corporations Act of 1953. By January of 1965, the College had built it's second building, a men's residence. In 1968 then principal Wynn Rees encouraged the college to abandon the church college tradition of teaching general arts and instead develop a specialty in two interdisciplinary academic programs in International Studies and Applied Social Science paving the way for future specializations in Social Work, Social Development Studies, East Asian Studies and Studies in Islam. In 1989 Renison College offered it's first East Asian Studies courses. English for Academic Success programs started in the summer of 1994. In 1999, Renison College graduated it's first class in the Bachelor's of Social Work. The 2000's saw rapid expansion of the English Learning Institute (English as a second language) and in East Asian Studies courses. In July 2008, Renison College changed it's name to Renison University College

Nombre del productor

((1885- 1975))

Historia biográfica

Elizabeth Bristol Renison was born in Hamilton, Ontario in 1885. In 1914 she married the Reverend Robert John Renison in Hamilton, Ontario. She died in 1975 in Toronto, Ontario. They had two sons, Robert John Bristol Renison and George Everett Bristol Renison.

Historial de custodia

Alcance y contenido

One Black and white photograph of Mrs. Elizabeth Bristol Renison at the Dedication of the Luxton building at Renison University College with (from left to right) The Right Reverend J.A. Watton (Archbishop of Moosonee 1963-1980, Metropolitan of Ontario, 1974-1979), The Right Reverend H.F. Appleyard, and the Right Reverend George Luxton.

Área de notas

Condiciones físicas

Good

Origen del ingreso

Arreglo

Idioma del material

Escritura del material

Ubicación de los originales

Disponibilidad de otros formatos

Restricciones de acceso

Condiciones de uso, reproducción, y publicación

Instrumentos de descripción

Instrumento de descripción

Materiales asociados

Materiales relacionados

Acumulaciones

Identificador/es alternativo(os)

Área de número estándar

Número estándar

Puntos de acceso

Puntos de acceso por materia

Puntos de acceso por lugar

Puntos de acceso por autoridad

Tipo de puntos de acceso

Área de control

Identificador de registro de descripción

Identificador de la institución

Renison University College Archives

Reglas o convenciones

RAD

Estado de elaboración

Revisado

Nivel de detalle

Parcial

Fechas de creación, revisión o eliminación

Revised 10/10/2014
Revised 10/27/2014

Idioma de descripción

Escritura de la descripción

Fuentes

Title and content information from "Renison's Second Building Dedicated" Northland (S.N.: S.D.)

Objeto digital (Ejemplar original), área de permisos

Objeto digital (Referencia), área de permisos

Objeto digital (Miniatura), área de permisos

Área de Ingreso

Materias relacionadas

Lugares relacionados

Tipos relacionados