Stuk REN BRC2.7.1 - Mrs. Renison with Three Bishops at Renison College.

Title and statement of responsibility area

Titel

Mrs. Renison with Three Bishops at Renison College.

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

  • Grafisch materiaal

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen

  • Source of title proper: Title from "Renison's Second Building Dedicated" Northland (S.N.: S.D.)

Beschrijvingsniveau

Stuk

referentie code

CA Renison University College Archives REN BRC-REN BRC 2-REN BRC 2.7-REN BRC2.7.1

Editie

Editie

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming

Datum(s)

  • 1999- (Beheer)
    Beheerder
    Renison University College Archives
  • 1999- (Collectie)
    Verzamelaar
    Reverend Robert John Renison Fonds
    Plaats
    Waterloo, Ont.
  • 1964 (Vervaardig)
    Archiefvormer
    Renison College
    Plaats
    Waterloo, Ont.
  • 1964 (Vervaardig)
    Archiefvormer
    Renison, Elizabeth Bristol (1885 - 1975)
    Plaats
    Waterloo, Ont.

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

1 B&W photograph 5 inches X 7 inches.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

(January 14, 1959-July 9, 2008)

Institutionele geschiedenis

In October 1956, Bishop George Luxton of the Huron Diocese, asked the Rev. Harvey E. Southcott, then priest of the Church of the Holy Saviour in Waterloo, to act as chaplain to Anglican students attending Waterloo College (Now Wilfred Laurier University.) Also in 1956, Gerald Hagey, first lay president of Waterloo College envisioned the "Waterloo College Associate Faculties, a non-denominational science faculty affiliated with Waterloo College. The Rev. Southcott persuaded the Huron Diocese to consider the possibility of an Anglican College in Kitchener-Waterloo and in January 1957 Bishop Luxton called a meeting of the Great Chapter of the Deanery of Waterloo to discuss the purchase of land near Waterloo College, which passed with majority assent. In October 1958, the Waterloo Deanery approved the incorporation of a collegiate body and the purchase of 193 Albert street in Waterloo and assumed responsibility for raising the funds. On January 14th, 1959 the College received a charter under the Ontario Corporations Act of 1953. By January of 1965, the College had built it's second building, a men's residence. In 1968 then principal Wynn Rees encouraged the college to abandon the church college tradition of teaching general arts and instead develop a specialty in two interdisciplinary academic programs in International Studies and Applied Social Science paving the way for future specializations in Social Work, Social Development Studies, East Asian Studies and Studies in Islam. In 1989 Renison College offered it's first East Asian Studies courses. English for Academic Success programs started in the summer of 1994. In 1999, Renison College graduated it's first class in the Bachelor's of Social Work. The 2000's saw rapid expansion of the English Learning Institute (English as a second language) and in East Asian Studies courses. In July 2008, Renison College changed it's name to Renison University College

Naam van de archiefvormer

((1885- 1975))

Biografie

Elizabeth Bristol Renison was born in Hamilton, Ontario in 1885. In 1914 she married the Reverend Robert John Renison in Hamilton, Ontario. She died in 1975 in Toronto, Ontario. They had two sons, Robert John Bristol Renison and George Everett Bristol Renison.

Geschiedenis beheer

Bereik en inhoud

One Black and white photograph of Mrs. Elizabeth Bristol Renison at the Dedication of the Luxton building at Renison University College with (from left to right) The Right Reverend J.A. Watton (Archbishop of Moosonee 1963-1980, Metropolitan of Ontario, 1974-1979), The Right Reverend H.F. Appleyard, and the Right Reverend George Luxton.

Aantekeningen

Materiële staat

Good

Directe bron van verwerving

Ordening

Taal van het materiaal

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Restrictions on access

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.

Toegangen

Associated materials

Related materials

Aanvullingen

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer

Trefwoorden

Onderwerp trefwoord

Geografische trefwoorden

Genre access points

Beheer

Identificatie van het beschrijvingsrecord

Identificatiecode van de instelling

Renison University College Archives

Regels of conventies

RAD

Status

Herzien

Niveau van detaillering

Gedeeltelijk

Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering

Revised 10/10/2014
Revised 10/27/2014

Taal van de beschrijving

Schrift van de beschrijving

Bronnen

Title and content information from "Renison's Second Building Dedicated" Northland (S.N.: S.D.)

Digitaal object (Master) rights area

Digitaal object (Referentie) rights area

Digitaal object (Thumbnail) rights area

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres