Item REN BRC2.7.1 - Mrs. Renison with Three Bishops at Renison College.

Original Objeto digital not accessible

Zona do título e menção de responsabilidade

Título próprio

Mrs. Renison with Three Bishops at Renison College.

Designação geral do material

  • Material gráfico

Título paralelo

Outra informação do título

Título e menções de responsabilidade

Notas ao título

  • Fonte do título próprio: Title from "Renison's Second Building Dedicated" Northland (S.N.: S.D.)

Nível de descrição

Item

Código de referência

CA Renison University College Archives REN BRC-REN BRC 2-REN BRC 2.7-REN BRC2.7.1

Zona de edição

Menção de edição

Menção de responsabilidade da edição

Zona de detalhes específicos de materiais

Menção da escala (cartográfica)

Menção da projecção (cartográfica)

Menção das coordenadas (cartográfico)

Menção da escala (arquitectura)

Autoridade emissora e denominação (filatélica)

Zona de datas de criação

Data(s)

  • 1999- (Custódia)
    Custodiador
    Renison University College Archives
  • 1999- (Coleção)
    Coletor
    Reverend Robert John Renison Fonds
    Local
    Waterloo, Ont.
  • 1964 (Produção)
    Produtor
    Renison College
    Local
    Waterloo, Ont.
  • 1964 (Produção)
    Produtor
    Renison, Elizabeth Bristol (1885 - 1975)
    Local
    Waterloo, Ont.

Zona de descrição física

Descrição física

1 B&W photograph 5 inches X 7 inches.

Zona dos editores das publicações

Título próprio do recurso continuado

Títulos paralelos das publicações do editor

Outra informação do título das publicações do editor

Menção de responsabilidade relativa ao editor do recurso contínuo

Numeração das publicações do editor

Nota sobre as publicações do editor

Zona da descrição do arquivo

Nome do produtor

(January 14, 1959-July 9, 2008)

História administrativa

In October 1956, Bishop George Luxton of the Huron Diocese, asked the Rev. Harvey E. Southcott, then priest of the Church of the Holy Saviour in Waterloo, to act as chaplain to Anglican students attending Waterloo College (Now Wilfred Laurier University.) Also in 1956, Gerald Hagey, first lay president of Waterloo College envisioned the "Waterloo College Associate Faculties, a non-denominational science faculty affiliated with Waterloo College. The Rev. Southcott persuaded the Huron Diocese to consider the possibility of an Anglican College in Kitchener-Waterloo and in January 1957 Bishop Luxton called a meeting of the Great Chapter of the Deanery of Waterloo to discuss the purchase of land near Waterloo College, which passed with majority assent. In October 1958, the Waterloo Deanery approved the incorporation of a collegiate body and the purchase of 193 Albert street in Waterloo and assumed responsibility for raising the funds. On January 14th, 1959 the College received a charter under the Ontario Corporations Act of 1953. By January of 1965, the College had built it's second building, a men's residence. In 1968 then principal Wynn Rees encouraged the college to abandon the church college tradition of teaching general arts and instead develop a specialty in two interdisciplinary academic programs in International Studies and Applied Social Science paving the way for future specializations in Social Work, Social Development Studies, East Asian Studies and Studies in Islam. In 1989 Renison College offered it's first East Asian Studies courses. English for Academic Success programs started in the summer of 1994. In 1999, Renison College graduated it's first class in the Bachelor's of Social Work. The 2000's saw rapid expansion of the English Learning Institute (English as a second language) and in East Asian Studies courses. In July 2008, Renison College changed it's name to Renison University College

Nome do produtor

((1885- 1975))

História biográfica

Elizabeth Bristol Renison was born in Hamilton, Ontario in 1885. In 1914 she married the Reverend Robert John Renison in Hamilton, Ontario. She died in 1975 in Toronto, Ontario. They had two sons, Robert John Bristol Renison and George Everett Bristol Renison.

História custodial

Âmbito e conteúdo

One Black and white photograph of Mrs. Elizabeth Bristol Renison at the Dedication of the Luxton building at Renison University College with (from left to right) The Right Reverend J.A. Watton (Archbishop of Moosonee 1963-1980, Metropolitan of Ontario, 1974-1979), The Right Reverend H.F. Appleyard, and the Right Reverend George Luxton.

Zona das notas

Condição física

Good

Fonte imediata de aquisição

Organização

Idioma do material

Script do material

Localização de originais

Disponibilidade de outros formatos

Restrições de acesso

Termos que regulam o uso, reprodução e publicação

Instrumentos de descrição

Instrumento de descrição documental

Materiais associados

Materiais relacionados

Ingressos adicionais

Identificador(es) alternativo(s)

Zona do número normalizado

Número normalizado

Pontos de acesso

Pontos de acesso - Assuntos

Pontos de acesso - Locais

Pontos de acesso - Nomes

Pontos de acesso de género

Zona do controlo

Descrição do identificador do registo

Identificador da instituição

Renison University College Archives

Regras ou convenções

RAD

Estatuto

Revisto

Nível de detalhe

Parcial

Datas de criação, revisão ou eliminação

Revised 10/10/2014
Revised 10/27/2014

Idioma da descrição

Script da descrição

Fontes

Title and content information from "Renison's Second Building Dedicated" Northland (S.N.: S.D.)

Objeto digital (Mestre) zona de direitos

Objeto digital (Referência) zona de direitos

Objeto digital (Icone) zona de direitos

Zona da incorporação

Assuntos relacionados

Locais relacionados

Géneros relacionados